|Scroll down to see an exclusive interview with Frank Jiovani! Photo provided by Frank Jiovani.|
Frank Jiovani is an ARCA (Automobile Racing Club of America) race car driver, and can be seen driving at Flat Rock Speedway. In 2012, Frank Jiovani drove the #43 car, and finished the season 1st in points (2995) in the Street Stock A series at Flat Rock Speedway. In 2013, Jiovani drove the #45 car, and finished the season 5th in points (1195) in the ARCA Moran Chevrolet Late Model division. Last season, (2014) Frank Jiovani finished the season 3rd in points (2040) in the ARCA Moran Chevrolet Late Model division. Frank Jiovani is gearing up for a big 2015 season at Flat Rock Speedway, but before the season gets underway, he sat down with the Mitten State Sports Report. Scroll down to see an exclusive interview with Frank Jiovani. You can follow Frank Jiovani's 2015 season at www.frankjiovani.com , www.facebook.com/jiovani racing , or on Twitter @frank_jiovani You can always leave a comment, and you can email the Mitten State Sports Report directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Frank Jiovani drives the #45 car in the ARCA Late Model series at Flat Rock Speedway. Photo provided by Frank Jiovani.|
Tony's 6 Pack! A pack of 6 questions for the athletes, and celebrities that you want to hear from!
1. Mitten State Sports Report: Talk a little bit about the upcoming 2015 ARCA season?
1. Frank Jiovani: "One word, competitive. At the end of the 2014, there were 7 or 8 cars that could win any night. The Late Model class will also see quite a few new faces. Our team, Magic Racing, is planning to race the full season at Flat Rock, and race in the Gold Cup Series at Toledo, and Sandusky Speedways".
2. Mitten State Sports Report: What can a fan that has never been to a race expect to see when they come down to Flat Rock Speedway?
2. Frank Jiovani: "If you have never seen a race at Flat Rock, you can expect to see fast laps, good entertainment, and close racing. Each class brings it's own type of excitement. Street Stocks are known for close racing, sometimes racing 5 and 6 rows side by side. Late Models are loud, and mean looking. The Figure 8's are crossing the intersection at I-94 speeds".
3. Mitten State Sports Report: Do the race car drivers hang out together off the track?
3. Frank Jiovani: "Some do. It's really more of a family. Everyone at the track is like a big family".
4. Mitten State Sports Report: Do you get nervous, or have nerves before a race?
4. Frank Jiovani: "The most nervous I've been is before my first race at Toledo. But once you're in the seat, everything goes away and you just race".
5. Mitten State Sports Report: What's your favorite moment ever on the track?
5. Frank Jiovani: "In 2000, I raced quarter midgets, and competed in the Dirt Nationals in Hagerstown, MD. We qualified into the H main. We raced through all the transfer races to finish 2nd in the A main".
|photo provided by Frank Jiovani.|
6. Mitten State Sports Report: When did you first get into racing, or when did you know that you first wanted to race cars?
6. Frank Jiovani: "Well I've been interested in racing ever since I can remember. I must have known right after my first year. I started at the age of 5. It was a great feeling to be able to grab that checkered flag after the win".
|Frank Jiovani's #45 car was seen on the Mitten State Sports Report back on May 8th, 2013.|
|Be sure to watch Frank Jiovani, and the #45 car all season at Flat Rock Speedway.|
|Click on the links below for more information about Frank Jiovani, or Flat Rock Speedway.|
To follow Frank Jiovani's 2015 season click on www.frankjiovani.com
To follow Frank Jiovani on Facebook check out www.facebook.com/jiovani racing
To Follow Frank Jiovani on Twitter check out @frank_jiovani
For more information about Flat Rock Speedway click on flatrockspeedway.com
For more information about Toledo Speedway click on www.toledospeedway.com
For more information about Sandusky Speedway click on www.sanduskyspeedway.com
Leave a comment! Email the Mitten State Sports Report at email@example.com
Scroll down and vote in the monthly Poll Question! There's two questions to vote on!
Click on past months to check out all of the Mitten State Sports Report's archived material.