Archived Material

Click on past months to check out all of the Mitten State Sports Report's archived material!
Email: mittenstatesportsreport@rocketmail.com

Friday, October 3, 2014

Gordie Howe At Denny's!















     I was 19 years old, and living in the city of Plymouth.  I shared an apartment with my older brother Herman at the time, and we were late night regulars at the local Denny's restaurant, located on Ann Arbor Road, near 275.
     My friend Greg "Woz" Wozniak, and I decided to head up to Denny's one night at about 1:30 in the morning. We walked in the door, and Woz noticed Gordie Howe paying his bill at the cash register.  Howe was with a small group of people, and they proceeded to walk by us after Gordie had finished paying the tab.  Woz asked Gordie for his autograph, and Gordie signed whatever Woz had presented to him.  We were unprepared, and I don't remember what was signed, but I think it was a crumbled up piece of paper from Woz's pocket.
     My brother Herman was with a group of friends in the smoking section, so I made my way over to where he was sitting.  I let him, and his friends know in a quiet tone, that Gordie Howe was near the front door.  They all approached Howe, and Gordie signed autographs for everyone.
    We assumed that Gordie, and the group that he was with came from the Red Wings game earlier that night. They sat in the non-smoking section, and remained undetected for almost the entire time.  Their waiter Danny didn't know that Gordie Howe was there that night, and actually had no idea who Gordy Howe even was.  I remember how unimpressed Danny was by the breaking news that had intrigued us all.
     Which celebrities have you seen around our local area?  Leave a comment or email the Mitten State Sports Report at mittenstatesportsreport@rocketmail.com  Scroll down and vote in the monthly Poll Question.  Click on past months to check out all of the Mitten State Sports Report's archived material!                




















Leave a comment!  Email the Mitten State Sports Report at mittenstatesportsreport@rocketmail.com



Scroll down and vote in the monthly Poll Question!  There's two questions to vote on!



Click on past months to check out all of the Mitten State Sports Report's archived material!

No comments:

Post a Comment